Our rector and I were discussing the various options for worship at The Citadel and he mentioned “Morning Prayer”. When I mentioned that not one of these students (or yours truly) had ever seen Morning Prayer as an authorized option for the primary service at an Episcopal Church… he said, “Oh, my”.
Beloit College publishes each year a list of items that provide “cultural touchstones that shape the lives of students entering college”. As one who tries to communicate to younger generations, I realize after reading this that time moves on. After all… old media isn’t vinyle, 8-track, or cassets… but CD’s. Did you know that for this generation:
6. Salsa has always outsold ketchup.
13. The KGB has never officially existed.
19. They have never understood the meaning of R.S.V.P.
44. There have always been flat screen televisions.
51. Brittney Spears has always been heard on classic rock stations.