UGANDA 2014 May 11-23
Chaplain Greg will be traveling with TLI to African Renewal University in Kampala, Uganda to help train local pastors in theological courses to deepen their current ministry in Ugandan churches. We will be staying at the Africa Renewal University in their facilities. Up to 8 college students are invited to travel with us to share their story, help with building projects, learn from ARU staff about Development and Ministry, and meet the local African people.
Students will spend mornings working with ARU staff on building projects and service learning. Afternoon classroom time with ARU instructors will focus on crucial ministry topics such as:
1) Impact of faith in politics and development
2) Developing issues for Youth in Africa
3) Aide and Africa: Helping or Hurting?
4) The role of Education in Development
5) Community Health Perspectives
- February 13 – Application (at holycrosscitadel.org) and non-refundable $500 deposit due
- March 15 – 50% of cost due, shots, visas and passport in hand and ready
- April 15 – 90% of cost due
- May 11 – We’re off!!
- May 12 – Arrive in Uganda
- May 12 – 16 Teaching and Experiential Learning
- May 17 – Free day. Many options.
- May 18 – Preaching in churches
- May 19 – 23 Teach classes and Experiential Learning
- May 23 – Depart for United States
- May 24 – Arrive in US
- Syllabus and Overview Document
- Required Reading: When Helping Hurts and Serving with Eyes Wide Open (Optional, but very important: Reaching and Teaching)
- Training Leaders International (They will coordinate fundraising)
- African Renewal University
- Passport Health
Apply Below and Download and Sign form at the end
IMPORTANT Team Information and Covenant Form (Download, sign, and deliver to Chaplain Smith)