What would you guess are the most important things you could do as a small group leader? According to an extensive survey of 3000 small group leaders, here are some important keys:
…the highest correlations to small-group health and growth were to the unseen dimensions of a group leader’s relationship with God. Out of the hundreds of questions we asked, the leaders’ answers to the following questions yielded the most pivotal results:
- How consistently do you take time for prayer and Bible reading?
- Are you praying daily for your non-Christian friends to come to know Jesus?
- How many days in the past week did you pray for your small-group members?
- Do you pray for your group meetings in the days leading up to it?
- How much time on average do you spend in daily prayer and Bible reading?